B-1 TEMPORARY BUSINESS VISITOR
- The B-1 temporary business visitor visa is available to visitors coming temporarily to the U.S. to engage in legitimate business activities of a commercial or professional nature.
B-2 TEMPORARY VISITOR
- The B-2 category of visitors covers the tourists; aliens making social visits to relatives and friends; amateur artists, musicians, or athletes who will receive no remuneration; and aliens coming to take part in conferences or conventions or fraternal, services, or social organizations. Although the B category visa is not available for study in the U.S., however, a short course of study that is incidental to a tourist's trip is permitted in this category.
F-1 / M-1 ACADEMIC STUDENTS
- F-1 visa is for non-immigrants wishing to pursue academic studies and/or language training programs.
E-2 TREATY INVESTORS
- The E-2 visa is for individuals coming to the U.S. to invest a substantial amount of capital or to direct and develop the business operations of an entity in which the individual has already invested funds. A person may qualify as the principal investor or as an employee of an investor company having the same nationality.
E-3 CERTAIN SPECIALTY OCCUPATION PROFESSIONALS FROM AUSTRALIA
- The E-3 classification is only for Australian foreign nationals. In order to be eligible, Australian nationals must travel to the United States for the purpose of performing services in a specialty occupation. The foreign national must obtain a legitimate employment offer and provide evidence of their qualifications (academic equivalence to a bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience). A foreign national cannot self-petition themselves for an E-3 visa, an American employer must do so on their behalf.
- The H-1B program allows American companies and/or organizations to employ foreign workers who possess both a theoretical or practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge and a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, for a temporary period of time. In order to qualify, foreign workers must be employed in a specialty occupation related to their field of study.
- U.S.-Singapore/Chile Free Trade Agreement Professional (H1B1) Visa: Free Trade Agreement workers in a specialty occupation from Chile and Singapore.
- Non-immigrant classification for dependent spouses and children of a temporary worker.
L-1 INTRACOMPANY TRANSFEREE EXECUTIVE OR MANAGER
- Enables a U.S. employer to transfer an executive or manager from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. This classification also enables a foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send an executive or manager to the United States with the purpose of establishing one.
- The transferring employee may be accompanied or followed by his or her spouse and unmarried children who are under 21 years of age. Such family members may seek admission in L-2 nonimmigrant.
- Deferred inspection is often given to non-citizens when they do not have documents that are needed to prove that they should be let into the United States./li>
- Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview.
- If your visa has been revoked and you believe that it was done without valid cause, you should aggressively challenge the decision. A visa revocation is a serious matter, which can implicate a permanent bar from the United States or many years of an inability to receive a visa.
|VISA||FORM||LEGAL FEE||FILING FEE||RFE||TOTAL|
|H-1B||https://www.uscis.gov/i-129||$1,200||$1,825 + $500 (if applicable)||$600||$3,625|
|H-1B Transfer, Extension or Amendment||https://www.uscis.gov/i-129||$1,200||$1,825 + $500 (if applicable)||$1500||$4,525|
|H-1B1||https://www.uscis.gov/i-129||$1,500||$1,825 + $500 (if applicable)||$1500||$4,825|
|L-1/L-2 Premium Processing||https://www.uscis.gov/i-129||$2,500||$1,225 Filing Fee||$1,000||$4,725|